School Based Planning
In March, 1992, Regulations of the Commissioner of Education were developed establishing procedures for school-based planning and shared decision making. The intent of the regulation was to foster a process of school-based planning and shared decision making, involving parents, teachers, and administrators, to improve the educational performance of all students. The regulation requires every board of education to ensure that an annual plan is developed in compliance with the regulation.
- Components of the School Based Plan
- Who is on the school-based planning team for each school and what are their responsibilities?
- How are members selected?
- How frequently do the school based planning teams meet? How might I learn when the meetings are scheduled?
- How are individual school's plans coordinated across the district?
- District Coordinating Council Composition