Homeschooling is managed by the West Irondequoit CSD Office of Instruction.
If you are new to the district and elect to homeschool your student(s), please provide the following:
- Your student(s) birth certificate
- Proof of residency in the school district
- Letter of Intent
Your letter of intent is due by July 1 of the school year you will be homeschooling (and each subsequent year) or within 14 days of moving to the district.
- An Individual Home Instruction Plan (IHIP) appropriate for the students grade is due no later than August 15 of the school year you elect to homeschool or within 4 weeks of the date of your Letter of Intent if you have elected to homeschool during the school year.
- Quarterly reports will be due throughout the year. Dates are determined by the parent/guardian and indicated on the IHIP.
- An annual assessment as described in Section 100.10 Home Instruction, Section H is due at the time of your fourth quarter report and no later than June 30 of the current school year.
- Refer to the New York State Education Department's Home Schooling website for additional information: 100.10 Home Instruction | New York State Education Department
- Another excellent resource available from NYSED is the Home Instruction Questions and Answers web page.
The West Irondequoit CSD is here to support you. Please feel free to reach out to the Office of Instruction at 585-336-2981 or email for any additional questions you may have.