Spring Swim Lesson Registration Opens May 7, 2024
Summer Swim Lesson Registration Opens June 4, 2024
During weather related school closures the pool is also closed.
The Pool Schedule is updated monthly. Please see pool calendar below.
Lap Swim Cost - $4 per visit Family Swim - $12 per visit (family of 5 max) Water Fitness - Registration
An Adult Lap Swim 30 visit pass can be purchased for $105 by calling our office at 336-3014
(Lap Swim is for Adults Only)
Location: Irondequoit High School, 260 Cooper Road, Rochester NY 14617. Please use Entrance #5. Handicap accessibility throughout the facility.
Lanes: 8 lane, 25 yard pool
Water Temperature: In accordance with USA Swimming Regulation 103.7 Water and Air Temperature, 1/LSC/water temperature 25-28 degrees Celsius (77-82.4 degrees Fahrenheit) shall be maintained for competition.
Scoreboard: Colorado Timing System with Full Color Matric LED Scoreboard
Diving Board: Two Duraflex One Meter Boards
Diving Well: 14 feet, Starting Blocks and Lane Lines, Backstroke Flags
Locker Rooms: There are 3 locker rooms; Men, Women, and Family.
Other: Sound System for Music and Exercise Classes, Balcony Seating
Bring the entire family for a fun evening of swimming. All youth under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. if your child cannot swim unassisted, they must be accompanied by an adult in the water. We will provide flotation devices. No personal floatation devices will be allowed in the pool. See pool calendar for specific dates and times. Fee is $12 per family (5 participants) and is payable upon arrival at the pool.
Adult Lap Swim and Water Walking
Enjoy lap swimming or water walking for individual conditioning in our eight lane pool. Must be 18 or older. See pool calendar for specific dates and times. Fee is $4 per visit or $105 for a 30 visit pass ($100 for Gold Card holders).
Pre-registration is required. All classes are taught by WICSD aquatic staff and are held at the IHS pool. Parents/guardians are encouraged to stay in the pool area during the first and last class to observe. For the remainder of the lessons, parents/guardians and siblings will not be permitted in the pool area. Register online at https://registration.xendirect.com/wisd/ or call Community Education at 585-336-3014.
Water Fitness Workouts
Offered through Irondequoit Community Education. Register online at https://registration.xendirect.com/wisd/
- Swimming is prohibited when pool is closed.
- Swimming permitted only when lifeguards are on duty.
- Follow all lifeguard instructions. Failure to follow the lifeguards instructions warrants dismissal from the Aquatic Center.
- No food, drink, or chewing gum allowed in the pool area.
- No glass in the pool area.
- Persons with open sores or rashes are not permitted in the pool.
- Do not discharge bodily fluids in the pool.
- Children who are not locker room independent must be supervised.
- Infant swim-pants or tight fitting around the leg suits are required for infants and toddlers. Cloth or disposable diapers are not permitted.
- No pets allowed
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the locker rooms.
- First Aid equipment is to be used by authorized personnel only.
- Children under the age of 16 must be supervised in the pool area at all times by an adult.
- Children 6 and under cannot swim without a floatation device and must have an adult in the pool with them at all times.
- Children must pass a deep end test to swim independently.
- Personal floatation devices are not permitted. If needed, training devices will be provided; ask a lifeguard for assistance. Children using training devices must have an adult in the pool within arms reach at all times.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- Appropriate bathing attire must be worn. Blue jeans, jean shorts, cut offs, or any other makeshift swim suits will not be permitted in the water.
- Running or horseplay on the pool deck or in the pool is prohibited.
- Do not hang, tug, or sit on any lanes, lifelines, or other swimmers.
- Masks and snorkel are not allowed during open swim.
- Diving board is reserved for instruction and competition only.
- The use of the starting blocks is restricted to approved swim practices, swim meets, and instructional programs.
- No diving in shallow water (less than 9 feet deep) and then only when permitted by the lifeguard.